Saturday, February 5, 2011

Baby Sage is here

Well, Tuesday morning at 8:03 am baby Sage Piper was born. She is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Well, other than Sydney, of course! She weighed in at 7 pounds even and was 19 inches long. Tiny and sweet!Here is Sydey showing her off. She is one very proud big sister.
Photobucket
Coming home outfit ended up being the white swiss flannel gown by Grace Knott. The weather was a little cool and she was just swimming in anything else I brought.
Photobucket
Here we are leaving the hospital room.
Photobucket
She is the best baby. She eats and sleeps so well. I have gotten more sleep in the past couple of days than I did the last month I was pregnant with her. She has to be awakened just to eat. Four hour stretches are not uncommon. We feel so blessed and are really enjoying all of us home and just cuddling with the newest sweetness in the world. Life is indeed good!
Photobucket
I need to recover so I can go make something sweet and little bitty for her to wear. I am thinking either another Grace Knott gown or maybe a very tiny bishop.
I have been asked if she looks like Sydney, and she does. She has the same cute button nose and lips. Her coloring looks paler than Sydney and her hair is much lighter. It will be fun to see if it changes. Her eyes are very pale too.
Have a great day. I will be spending the next couple of weeks just smelling that sweet round head and playing with cute baby toes.

6 comments:

  1. Sage is truly a beautiful baby! You look so wonderful! I am glad both of you are sleeping well. Enjoy this blessed time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just beautiful and in her mommy mades too! Enjoy that new baby smell and try not to miss a moment of the precious days. Congratulations to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage is an adorable little babe!! I can't wait to see her modeling all those beautiful outfits you have waiting for her and maybe some matching or coordinating outfits with big sister Sydney! You look great for having just had a baby, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so pretty. There is nothing better than a new baby smell. Just in case you were wondering.... AS&E 48, if you have it, has the best newborn bishop. No side seams... can be smocked very quickly. Enjoy snuggling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. There is no blessing better than a happy, healthy baby and family. I'm glad you are all well. Looking forward to seeing more beautiful baby clothes. Isn't it amazing how you forget how tiny a newborn is (even after having 5 myself!)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sage is beautiful, just like her mama and big sister! I will so enjoy watching her grow up, just as I've enjoyed seeing Sydney. Blessings to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...