Monday, November 8, 2010

Baby bishop

I love bishops on little girls.  They just frame their cute adorable faces.  I have done lots of them and each time I get excited to see the finished product.  I thought today I would show you some of my favorite bishops I have done in the past for Sydney and for others and then show you one I have recently finished for my new baby.
This first one was a copy from an old AS&E smocking pattern.  I worked on it entirely while Sydney played in the bathtub.  It was so much fun trying to see how many roses I could get done before she was ready to get out.  She was about 3 at the time. 
Liberty Rose
Here is a close up of all those roses.
close up
I don't mind spending so much time doing bishops because they can be worn for so many years. They are a true labor of love. Also, they are the reason I started doing smocking in the first place. I just loved them in boutique's but we just didn't have the means to dress my little one in them all the time. So I became obsessed in learning everything I could about smocking so that my little one could be in them as much as possible. Here are just a few of my favorite bishops I have smocked. Each one has special meanings or were for a special occasion. I have saved these for my new little one. They are already hanging in her closet just waiting for the day I can pull them out and dress her.
close up
CC Mindy Easter dress
Photobucket
As Sydney got a little older I made her a bishop as a top instead. She loved this outfit and wore it to death. It was made from a wonderful Heirloom Imports brushed twill.
Photobucket
These next two are for the cutest little blonde beauty of a child you have ever seen. I was blessed enought to make these for her. Her mother is one of my best friends and she loves a little one in bishops too.
batiste bishop full shot
close up of smocking
Okay, enough of the past, here is one I have recently done for my new bundle of cuteness. It is a Children's Corner Missy pattern. I used the same diaper cover from Michie that I did on the last post. This is a pink dot on white pique. I love the weight of this fabric. I made this one short so those cute little legs will show.
Photobucket
Okay, I am off to smock. I am inspired to work on the one I started the other day. I think it might be what we bring home our newest little one in. But knowing me, I will probably have a couple options for that day.

1 comment:

  1. Love them all, and a few I have never seen. I am so glad you are revisiting these for some of us! The tiny red floral print from Fabric Finders was one of my all time favorite prints. So very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...