Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year and a plan

Hello 2011!!! I have so much planned for this year starting with a countdown to the delivery date. Yes, I have an exact date to expect my sweet baby girl to arrive. So, that being said I am on a speed sewing quest. I have piles of things cut out and outfits in various stages of completion. Which is totally unlike me! I don't like UFO's and rarely have any. I like to work on something and then move it on out of the sewing room and start on the next project. I feel a sense of accomplishment that way. So this newfound chaos I am blaming on the baby hormones. I am going in 100 directions all at once and not getting anywhere fast. So frustrating!
So, this year my New Year's Resolutions are as follows:
1. Do as many sister outfits as I can. (Yes, this one is a total fun one!)
2. Lose the baby weight. Really, honestly, I am not too worried about this one. I love to workout and have already got the jogging stroller picked out. I can't wait for the go ahead to start walking again. I miss that time to clear my head and breath the fresh air.
3. Join some women's groups and make some friends. I think SAGA in my area will have a new member and Junior Women's of Orlando will also be getting a fiesty new active member in the coming months. I need some girlfriends! I miss my friends from Williamsburg so much. There is just something about getting together with friends for a cause that I really like and miss.
4. I would also like to get to a sewing class or school this year. Don't know if that one will happen, but it sure is a goal.

So, what are your New Year's Resolutions this year?

2 comments:

  1. I think some of those will have to be put off until next year. You're going to be a bit busy soon.......and you're going to be surprised how much time that little one will demand. It's been awhile, you know! And you're a bit older now! (Ooops, I suppose I wasn't supposed to mention that?) Let's hear how you feel in lets say two months........I bet a few things will have changed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not listen to Carol.. :) I was 39 when Paige was born and I started and finished within a few days a baby jacket that was hand embroidered when she was 2 weeks old. I made lots of things for her and you will have an older sister that will adore helping with the baby hopefully. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...