Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sister Tuck Dresses

I have a love affair with tucks and pleats and box pleats. I just love the small details of them. I have made Collar's Tuck dress for Sydney a couple of times and every time I love it so much. I haven't found the right fabric for it for about 2 years now. But after seeing Creations by Michie's Apron Dress had a tuck version I knew I had to make the girl's matching dresses.
Photobucket
This delicate lawn has been in my stash for a couple of years now. It is so thin and airy I want a gown out of it, but alas, I only had two and a half yards of it. So, I had just enough for matching tuck dresses for the girls.
Photobucket
Sage's dress is a newborn size. She is almost two months old now and I am hoping to get their pictures made in them on Saturday. I know I could have made a larger size, but I wanted her dress to fit her.
Photobucket
Sydney's dress is a size 8 and she has plenty of room. She should be able to wear hers all summer long. I made hers sleeveless for those hot Florida days to come. Sydney is already so tan she should be beautiful in this white.
Photobucket
Here is a picture of Miss Sleepyhead this morning. She is only awake for about an hour a day, so I have to really be ready with the camera if I want to see those pretty blue eyes.

5 comments:

  1. Piper those dresses are beautiful!! I love the fabric.. Sage is just as cute as can be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a fit over these dresses! You've done a lovely job on your pin tucks, just lovely! And that bundle of preciousness, even lovelier! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresses are beautiful. The fabric looks perfect for spring and summer. Beautiful baby, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet dresses and beautiful baby blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss your posts soooo much! Please come back....I need some new inspiration! Janie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...