Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sewing for baby

I have been busy sewing baby daygowns in my sewing room.  I am in love with all Old Fashioned Baby patterns.  They are so classic and so sweet.  And I can just imagine little ones so comfortable and cool wearing them.  So they have become my new obsession in the sewing room.  I went thru all my stash and found I had some great lawns and lots of batiste.  Love it when that happens!  So have a huge pile of them just waiting to be made for my new little one. 
When we first found out we were expecting we had thought we would let the sex of baby be a surprise.  Well, anyone who sews for children knows this can be a challenge.  So I whipped out my whites and went to work anyway.  I used tatting and simple embroidery to do the first ones so they could work whether baby was a boy or a girl.
This first one is on white swiss batiste and was stitched using feather stitching with deft blue floche.  I loved doing this one.  I find featherstitching so relaxing.
DSC00517

And of course, baby needs to look great while someone is holding her so here is the back.
DSC00520

Stay tuned for more baby clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...